Operating a narrow gauge heritage tramway which runs between Seaton, Colyford and Colyton, Seaton Tramway, gives you an unrivalled view of the wading bird life as you travel alongside the River Axe Estuary. A UNESCO World Heritage site, the Jurassic Coast is right at your finger tips.
Great for the kids, the tramway host a variety of events throughtout the year, including:
- The Dinosaur Tram Adventure - A tram ride and a variety of activities at Colyton station including stories, music and fossil digging!
- The Fairy Special - A round trip lasting around 3 hours on pink tram, this ride includes music and stories to really get the imagination going!
- Pirate Tram - Set sail on the 'Seaton Pearl' Tram with Captain Nick for a fun filled ride when all children will receive some 'booty'.
Made up of four main sites, Seaton Wetlands gives you the opportunity to get up and close to nature and its wildlife. Take a peaceful stroll in the fresh air whilst the kids enjoy some pond dipping or enjoy a picnic whilst taking in the bird life from one of the 5 hides of site.
Seaton Wetlands is made up of:
- Seaton Marshes - See if you can spot an Otter in the beautiful Burrow Pit pond and see a wide vareity of dragonflies and butterflies in the summer.
- Black Hole Marsh - An area well populated with crustaceans and mooluscs, this is an ideal place to sight wildfowl and waders.
- Colyford Common - A salt marsh due to being regularly flooded by high tides, unusual flora and fauna can be found which supports a variety of locally rare and nationally important species.
- Stafford Marsh - Visit the wildlife garden, Discovery Hut and pond shelter, where you can learn about the different wildlife and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee.
- The Look-out - A new information hub, the look-out is located on the main path a you enter the wetlands and should offer you the key sourse of information for your visit.
Part of the Countryside events programmes, please click here to find out more information.